BMS (HMCT & ATHM)
The hotel industry has a huge growth potential in the near future. The demand for the hotel management professionals is already huge & is expected to grow more with the increasing number of hotels being setup in India & all over the world. Apart from its glamour, a career in hotel management has become lucrative & exciting, attracting more & more students to opt for it.
BMS (HMCT) & BMS ATHM are 3 years intensive programme which exposes the student to the diversity of hotel industry and equips the student with intellectual and leadership capabilities allowing the students to more into diverse managerial role in prestigious international organisations.
Some of the major Areas/Subjects that will be covered in the course:
1. Food & Beverage Service 2. Rooms Division Management
- Kitchen Operations Management 4. Fundamentals of Management
- Aviation Industry, 6. Human Resource Management
- Airlines Management 8. Tourism Management
Programme Educational Objectives
- Create a blue print to your Hospitality career & get exposed to crucial ‘Hospitality Management’ concepts.
- Understand the fundamentals of the Hotel Industry, Commercial Kitchen Operations, Food & Beverage Service and the Wines.
- Introduction to key principles of Human Resources, Customer Centred Marketing and specific Finance & Accounting for Hotel industry.
- Focus on delivering superior performance and value to your customer.
- To provide our students with an in depth understanding of the operational aspects and knowledge of the underlying principles of the International Hospitality Industry.
- Allow students to become familiar with the practical aspects of the hospitality industry and the strategic management issues involved in operating International Resorts and Hotels.
- Present to them an avenue to move into range of international organizations in service sector.
- To train students for operational and administrative supervisory & management positions.
- Prepare graduates for management careers in industry sectors such as Hotels, Resorts, Cruise Liners, Restaurants and Catering Organisations.
Admission to this course starts in the month of March every year.
The duration of this course is 3 years. The course is divided into 6 Semesters.
This course is affiliated with IKG Punjab technical University, Kapurthala and is approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 or Equivalent by a recognized Board / University / Council.
University examinations are conducted twice a year as per following schedule:
Course Detail of BMS HMCT
|BMS HMCT 1st Semester
Basics Of Food Production
Basics Of Food & Beverageservice – I
Basics Of Front Office – I
Basics Of House Keeping – I
Basics Of Computers
Food Science & Nutrition 2
Basics Of Food Production –I (Practical)
Basics Of Food & Beverage Service – I (Practical)
Basics Of House Keeping – I (Practical)
Fundamentals Of Computer (Practical
|BMS HMCT 2nd Semester
Basics Of Food & Beverage service – Ii
Front Office – I
House Keeping – Ii
Human Values & Professional Ethics
Food Production –Ii (Practical)
Food & Beverage Service – Ii (Practical)
House Keeping – Ii (Practical)
|BMS HMCT 3rd Semester
Food & Beverage Service-Iii
Food & Beverage Controls
Food Production (Practical)
Food & Beverage Service-Iii (Practical)
Front Office-Ii (Practical)
Accommodation Operation (Practical)
Gd & Seminar (Practical)
|BMS HMCT 4th Semester
|BMS HMCT 5th Semester
Food & Beverage Service-Iv
Principles Of Management-I
Food Production-Iv (Practical)
Food & Beverage Service-Iv (Practical)
Front Office-Iv (Practical)
Accommodation Operation –Ii(Practical)
Computer & Mis (Practical)
|BMS HMCT 6th Semester
Food Production V
Food & Beverage Service –V
Accommodation Operation –Iii
Human Resource Management
Principal Of Management
Food Production –V (Practical)
Bakery –Iii (Practical)
F&B Service-V (Practical)
Accommodation Operations-Iii (Practical)
Course Detail of BMS ATHM
|BMS ATHM 1st Semester
Basics Of Tourism
Tourism Product & Services-I
Basics Of Management
Geography Of Tourism
Customer Care & Interpersonal Skills
|BMS HMCT 2nd Semester
Tourism Product & Services-Ii
Tourism Industry Profile
Geography Of Tourism –Ii
Human Resource Management
|BMS ATHM 3rd Semester
Dimensions Of Internal Tourism
Geography Of Tourism-Iii
Sales Marketing & Pr In Service Industry
Basics Of Computer-I (Practical)
Front Office Operation (Theory & Practical)
|BMS ATHM 4th Semester
Total Quality Management
Automation In Tourism Industry
Travel Agency & Tour Operators
Basic Computer-Ii (Practical)
Hospitality Management (Theory & Practical)
|BMS ATHM 5th Semester
Tourism Policy In India
Research Methodology & Mgt. Decisions
Conference & Event Management
|BMS ATHM 6th Semester
Industrial Training & Project Practicum