INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE
The MBA degree programme is aimed at providing graduates with the skills and competencies to fulfil management positions in the field of business administration, both in the public and private sector. These positions can include management or policymaking positions in large organisations, as well as positions of management in small to medium sized companies (SMEs). An aim is that students are able to critically analyse and evaluate various developments within an organisation so that they can form, create and instigate policies, visions and aims and solutions within that organisation.
MBA degree gives a lucrative first-break in the corporate world. It opens a plethora of avenues in – marketing, sales, human resources, finance, operations, logistics and supply chain management. Almost all industry sectors require MBA graduates for managing their work processes, executing and strategizing.
Admission to this course starts in the month of May Every year.
The duration of this course is 2 years. The course is divided into 4 Semesters.
This course is affiliated with IKG Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala and is approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University with aggregate marks of 50% or above.
- A valid test score in any of the All India Management Tests like CAT, MAT, XAT, and CMAT or in the GMAT.
University examinations are taken twice every year as per following schedule.
Odd Semester November and December (Every year)
Even Semester April and May (Every year)
Structure of the course is as follows:
1. Business Environment
2. Production and operation
3. Human Resource Management
4. Marketing management
5. Financial management
6. Research methodology
7. Human Values and Professional Ethics
1. Applied Operations Research
2. Corporate Legal Environment
3. Consumer Behaviour
4. Advertising Management
5. Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
6. Management of Financial Services
7. Social Security & Labour Welfare
8. Training & Development
1. Strategic Management
2. Entrepreneurship and Managing Small Medium Business
3. Service Marketing
4. International Marketing
5. International Finance
6. Banking and Insurance Operations
7. Organization Development
8. International Human Resource Management
Fee structure for the course is notified every year by the University.